One of the things I made sure of was to make their birthdays special. These are my tips for making December birthdays special:
- Use birthday wrapping paper, not Christmas paper.
- Make their day as special as you would if it was held any other time of the year.
- Let them choose what kind of birthday cake they want. One year my daughter wanted a reindeer cake, but most of the time she wanted a birthday cake.
- Decorate for their birthday. Yes, the tree is up but make the table, their chair, the dining room birthday festive. Put balloons up, let them know that their day is special.
- Relax and enjoy their birthday. It doesn't matter what is left to do on your Christmas list. It is their day.