- Detroit News Card Index- 1 million subject card index spanning 1890-1990's has been scanned and will be available within the week at seekingmichigan.org. To find, click Seek, then Indexes, then Detroit News.
- Newspaper Clipping Subject Files that the above index points to are available through the Archives of Michigan. These are stored off site, so if one is interested you would have to notify the Archives of Michigan which clippings you would like to see before visiting the Archives, about two-three days before your visit. Due to copyright issues, the clippings will have to be viewed at the Archives, no email requests for clippings to be sent will be available.
- Detroit City Directories-Pristine condition, nearly complete run of these directories are now on the shelf at the Archives of Michigan.
- Other newspaper files that will be available after processing includes:
- Newspaper photo files/negatives from 1930-present.
- Set of Detroit Times microfilm
- Full run of Detroit News in bound volumes
- Detroit Free Press clipping files
Next, and Kris wasn't going to elaborate other than to say soon, is the long awaited Michigan Death Certificates, 1921-1952. Kris knew the date that they would 'go live', but was very tight-lipped about it. We begged, but he wouldn't give us any other clue. He did say the images and index are done and linked and will be made available online 'soon'. Kris encouraged us to keep checking SeekingMichigan.org. The certificates that will be available will be deaths that occurred from 1921-1939. Each January a new year will be added. This is due to Michigan privacy laws.