The last month of 2019 is upon us and gasp! I have only written one blog post! What have I been doing with my time? It's not like I broke down my Fenn brickwall or something exciting like that. I thought I would look back on what I have been doing and/or discovered during my unintentional hiatus.
- kept reading blogs
- learned through reading, watching webinars, and doing self study
- kept in touch with distant cousins
- helped organize a library at Fort Custer Historical Society, Augusta, MI
- found out my cousin in Germany has a connection to Fort Custer, Augusta, MI
- found out through a cousin that I am related to President Millard Fillmore's wife, Abigail Powers
- became President of the Michigan Genealogical Council
- stayed active in my local genealogical society
- renewed or joined genealogical societies-I am a member of eleven societies
- helped an author, Gregory Sumner, with resources for a Michigan POW Camps in World War II
- began presenting at local genealogical societies
- lost two cousins, an aunt, an uncle, and my father over the past 15 months
- and spent time with family in Allen, Texas, Houston, Texas, and Chicago, Illinois
Every one of the above things could be a blog post. I will be back to blogging soon. I have a lot to say! I hope everyone had a great 2019 and goes into the roaring '20 with a blast.
Post a Comment