Trescott Street, Harbor Beach, Michigan
My family moved here in 1968. We lived here for five years. A few improvements have been made to this house since we lived here. The second story and porch were added. The driveway to the right went back to a carport when we lived there.
I spent a good part of my teen years in this house. A few of my memories of this house include:
- learning how to bake
- being picked up for my first date
- being walked home from a ball game by a boy and standing outside and just talking, really, just talking
- learning how to drive
- hopping across the creek to go visit a good friend, Ann
- hopping across the creek to play in the old school playground
- getting my shoe stuck in the muck as I hopped across the creek!
- running away from home and only making it one block before my dad picked me up
- biking from one end of Trescott St. to the other, which ended at the beach
- helping my mom clean, by scrubbing a lot of tile floors
- my brother, Neil, coming home from the hospital
- my sister, Linda's graduation party
- and, lots of family moments spent together.
Post a Comment