Vinera Eglantine Glover was married to my 3x great grandfather, Samuel Stillman Glover, Sr. The information I have found is mainly from secondary sources. She is one of my brickwalls, too. The information(I have done my best, but please verify the information I have provided if you plan to use it) I have gathered so far includes:
- Birth-18 July 1802 possibly Vermont
- Marriage-23 April 1817 possibly Conway, Franklin, Massachusetts
- Death-14 February 1847, Oceola, Livingston, Michigan
- 1840 Census for Oceola, Michigan, United States
- She was the mother of 12 children, the last two being twins-Henry and Polly. They were born 15 January 1847. One died on 24 January 1847 and the other 31 January 1847. I can't help but think that their birth and/or death contributed to Vinera's death at the age of 44.
- Apple from Apple's Tree blog, has done a wonderful job of transcribing church records from the Phelps Citizen newspaper and Vinera Glover was admitted to the church at Oaks Corners on 23 March 1820.
I find the early to mid 1800's to be my toughest challenge in researching people. The census doesn't list names other than the head of household and Michigan didn't record deaths until later. Do you have any tips for researching this time period? If so, please leave a comment. And, if you are related to Vinera Glover, I would love to hear from you.
So, just in case today was your birthday, Happy Birthday, Great, Great, Great Grandma Glover.
Post a Comment