Summer has come and gone. Schools are back in session. Labor Day celebrations are done. It is almost fall. I had great plans for genealogy this summer. I wrote a few summer goals down and blogged about it thinking it would motivate me to achieve them. Well, guess what? I didn't achieve very many of them. Here are my goals I wrote in June, the bold one is the goal I achieved:
- Miami and Howard County Indiana-The Graf and Fredricks side of my mom's family settled here before migrating to Michigan. I would like to visit the Miami County Courthouse and get Casper Graf's will and visit a few cemeteries and take pictures. I would like to explore the area. I may need to plan this as an overnight trip from the looks of what I want to accomplish.
- Adrian, Michigan- The Dyer side of my dad's family settled here when they came from New York. I want to check out the library and a couple of cemeteries.
- Bentley Historical Library, Ann Arbor-There are two civil war era diaries, that mentions my 2nd great grandfather's gunshot wound that he received during the Civil War, that I would like to read. Plus, the library has Lima Township vital records and Baptist records that I am interested in exploring.
- Go to Fort Wayne, Indiana-I will be there for the FGS 2013 Conference in August, but I would like to go at least once and do a little research at the library.
- Last but not least, is to attend the Fredricks Family Reunion. I didn't go last year, but I am, definitely, going this year. Shhh! Don't tell anyone but I have a killer white elephant gift to take this year.