The letter below is from the adjutant at the Wisconsin Veterans' Home. He lists pensioners and one widow who died in the home. He included their death date and pension certificate number.
Source: Glover, Jr., Samuel Stillman; Pension File No. 28715, Civil War Pension File, (Washington, D.C.: U.S. National Archives and Records Administration).
The following deaths were listed:
- Burlin, George W. Nov. 16th, 1917
- Brainard, Anson M. Nov. 20th, 1917
- Dunbar, Martin V. Nov. 23rd, 1917
- Haney, James R Nov. 23rd, 1917
- Lewis, Charles O. Nov. 9th, 1917
- Locke, William H. Nov. 16th, 1917
- Mohr, John (Johan) Oct. 25th, 1917 AND
- Glover, Adda Dec 19th, 1917