- Scan pictures! -Boy, did I scan pictures. I scanned at home, my mom's, libraries, family reunion and a cousin's house.
- Work on my brickwall, Daniel Fenn. I worked on it, but still no luck on who his parent's were.
- Make a concentrated effort to source every fact as I add it to my software program. I am most proud of my efforts here. If it doesn't have a source, it doesn't go in Roots Magic. I even went back and cleaned up/enhanced my sources already in my program.
- Visit Miami County, Indiana to research Casper and Mary Graf further.
- Obtain my grandfather's, Otto August Fredrick, obituary. A visit to the Library of Michigan enabled me to check this one off the list. I found lots of other obituaries here too.
- Attend a genealogical conference. I attended the FGS conference in Springfield, Illinois. It was a wonderful experience and I am still researching using the tips I learned from the many excellent presenters.
- Start researching my son-in-law's ancestry. I had made good progress on his father's side and just started his mother's side of the family.
- Talk to my mother and find out about family heirlooms in her possession. I talked to her and took pictures of some of the heirlooms.
- Carve out a regular research time.
- Make contact with newly discovered cousins and share information. This was a fun one, I have talked/emailed to many of my family researchers.
- Research myself! Add my personal facts to my genealogical software. This was another fun one. I added many facts about myself to my software.
30 December 2011
11 for 11 Review
A short 12 months ago I made '11 for 11' genealogy goals. I feel setting goals has helped focus my research, but I don't know if I will do '12 for 12' or not. Some of my goals were too vague, so if I do it again I will simplify the goals I want to achieve. I completed 9 of the 11 goals for 2011, for 82%. Goal numbers 4 and 9 were not achieved. I never made it to Miami County, Indiana and I don't really have a good excuse. And number 9 was more of a dream, I think. I am a creature of habit and I thought I could do the same for my research. Although I did not have a regular time for research I did a lot of research this year. In addition, I completed many things that are not found in these goals. How did your 2011 go genealogy-wise?
My 2011 genealogy goals are: