Fredricks Family Picture
that was shared on Fredricks Genealogy Facebook Page
Facebook is a web application that can be used to connect with friends, co-workers, and family members. I joined facebook thinking it would be a good way to stay in touch with out-of-state family members. As the months went on, I had a number of first cousins on my list of friends. It wasn't long before I thought it would be a good way to make some family tree connections and, possibly, receive help with researching our shared great grandparents. Our great grandparents, Johann August Fredrick and Louise Fredricke Zastrow are one of my brick walls. I decided the best way to allow others to access the information I had and, hopefully, to add to it-was to create a group, Fredricks Genealogy. Here are a few steps to help you create a facebook group of your own.
- First, you need to have a facebook page of your own. To sign up for facebook, go to facebook.
- Once an individual page is created, select "create a group" which is on the left side of your home page.
- Type in your group name and select privacy settings. I chose open for privacy and haven't had any trouble with it.
- Click on 'create group'.
- Choose icon for your group if you want, or you can skip this part. I chose a tree for mine.
- Your group is now created.
- Now you can post questions, information, pictures and invite others to join the group.
I used a picture of my great grandparents as the group picture. I added other family pictures that I had. In the discussion section, I asked, "Where was August Fredrick born?" Each week, I add other information that I have found: family members, obituaries, gravestone pictures, census records, etc.
My Fredricks Genealogy group has given me more than I ever thought imaginable. My cousins have shared family stories and pictures. It is a great place to ask questions and stay in touch with family members.
Do you want another way to reach out to family members? Try facebook.
Post a Comment