Here are my 11 for 11 goals and my progress toward completion. Overall, I am happy, I just need the weather to cooperate so I can venture outside without fear of snow and ice overcoming me.
- I have been very successful at this. I have scanned hundreds of pictures. I scanned all my childhood pictures. I took my flip pal to my parents and scanned hundreds of pictures. I have pictures of their childhood and other family members. I even discovered a photo album I never knew existed, while at my parents.
- I haven't worked on this and am thinking I should have put a different goal in it's place. He is one hard bugger to find.
- This is a success. I have sourced every fact as I add it this year. If I don't have time to source it, it doesn't get added until I do. I am going back and making sure my other facts are sourced properly.
- Waiting for nice weather to do this.
- I want to go to Manistee Public Library and get the obituary myself, so I am waiting for nicer weather to do this. I have a list of other obituaries I need to get in Manistee, so a day or two might be scheduled.
- I am registered to attend September's FGS 'Pathways to the Heartland' in Springfield, Illinois. I have my hotel reservations and reserved two nights at my daughters in Chicago (to cut down on travel time). I even have a preliminary list of sessions I would like to attend. Saturday's sessions are so good I am having trouble narrowing it down to just one per session. I am looking forward to this.
- I started this one just last week. I have researched his paternal grandfather's side back five generations, so far. I have researched his paternal grandmother's side back three generations. On his mother's side I have only begun the research. I am glad I am doing this. His ancestry has taken me to states and countries I haven't researched before. It makes me feel like I am accomplishing something. I have reached some walls in my own research and having another focus is actually motivating.
- I have done this a little. I want to go back and talk some more to her about a couple of things.
- This one is hard to assess. I have not regularly set aside a time to research. I do good some weeks and then others not so much. I feel I am researching more now than the last few months of 2010, so I guess the regular research time isn't as important. It is a poorly written goal.
- I have been in touch with the newly discovered cousins I had found at the end of last year, I share what I have, but haven't heard back from one, yet. I made a new contact and was able to help her determine her great grandmother's birth date. I shared obituaries, civil war pension file, and pictures. I got information on her line, and was thankful for that. I think this will be an ongoing goal throughout the year and one that will never be complete as I uncover new ones.
- This is almost complete! I spent a couple of days scanning and adding facts to my genealogy program about myself. The things I added were related to my birth, baptism, residences, education, marriage, etc. I would like to go back and add notes to each, to flesh out the facts with stories. I wrote a blog post about this and one of the comments I received had to do with privacy. I use Roots Magic as my genealogy software and one of the benefits of this program is the ability to mark facts as private. I had been doing that on all living persons so it wasn't so much to keep doing it for my facts. I have also added lots of facts on my two children, and am currently working on my husband. I plan to do our parents as well.