This is the third home that I lived in as a child. My parents actually moved back to this home, after eight years in another city, while I was in college. A few months after college graduation I moved home for a year and lived here again. It seemed so much smaller than I remembered as a 9 year old. This is the basic floor plan without closets and specific details.
A few memories I have from this house are:
- playing library in the basement, there was a walled in room that I set up with my books and stuff.
- watching my new sister, Nancy, sleep in her crib.
- searching in my parents closet for Christmas gifts with my sister, Linda. We actually unwrapped a couple and tried on the clothes, re-wrapped them and no one was the wiser until years later.
- playing softball and croquet in the side yard.
- watching TV on our first colored television set. I think we got 3 or 4 channels and one of them was Canadian.
- having my husband, Kirk, pick me up for our first date. My sister, Nancy, had a friend over and they were in 6th grade at the time. Kirk was a fifth grade teacher. They were surprised.
- getting ready for my wedding day
Post a Comment