As I said last month, I am a list maker. I thought I would share what I take when I go to do genealogy research at a library.
- Pedigree Charts and Family Group Sheets
- List of Sources to Check for Information
- Colored Pens (I'll share why colored pens in a future post)
- Copies of sheet to record sources on (I created my own which I will share with you, soon)
- Sticky notes
- Pad of paper
- Laptop with flash drive which has my family tree software on it
- Money, preferably change, for copies (the one time I forgot all I had was a five dollar bill-the machine dispensed all dimes-I am sure the people near me appreciated the chink, chink of 50 dimes falling!)
- File Folders (I like to be organized, remember!)
This is all carried in a canvas bag.
Can you think of anything else that would be helpful for a library visit? Leave a comment and share your ideas.