I am happy to say that my dad's autobiography is done! It is printed and is in the process of being shared with family members. It was quite a process for my 91-year old dad. He used Microsoft Word to write it and went through a couple of computers, lost part of it, and lost Microsoft Word somewhere in the process. Luckily, he had printed out copies of the book as he wrote it and I was able to use Dragon Dictate to get it ready to publish.
The biggest decision for my dad was to decide how to get it published. He attended a self publishing event at his local library, went to the local printers and researched online. It wasn't until a friend of his told him about Diggy Pod, that the decision was made.
Diggy Pod is a small self publishing company in Tecumseh, Michigan, my home state. I cannot say enough good things about Diggy Pod and their customer service. From the first time my dad called them until the package arrived at his doorstep, they were terrific. The quality of the book exceeded my dad's expectations.
Diggy Pod offers professional quality publishing. It is a print on demand service, with no minimums to order. Diggy Pod offers the following:
- Sample-a generic sample will be sent upon request that shows paper options, print quality, etc.
- Up front pricing- you know exactly what it will cost from the beginning, no surprises.
- Cover options- makes it easy to create a cover on your home computer without graphic design experience.
- Binding options-paperback, spiral, and hardcover binding is available
- Sizes-nine sizes of finished product are available, from 4"x 6" to 8 1/2"x 11".
- Paper-quality paper options are available
- Color-Black and white and color page printing is offered.
- Templates-provided and easy to use.
- .pdf-software for converting Microsoft word document to .pdf format is provided free of charge.
- Quality-so many levels of quality. Diggy Pod provides their own quality check before final printing.
- Proofs-online proofs are provided before final printing.
- Website-everything you need is on their website to guide you through the process.
- Real easy to work with person-telephone and email support is available and it is an actual person.
- and so much more.
· His high school years leading up to World War II
· His participation in the Battle of the Bulge
· His first coaching experience that led to a lifelong career as a teacher and coach
· His coaching career highlights
· His family memories